Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog Post #4

This week our assignment was to view this blog and reflect on how it taught us lessons. In our blog post this week we were to write about how it showed us the many uses and benefits of pod casting in the classroom. Personally I feel that many of these benefits only would apply on upper level kids(or maybe at the most 4th and 5th year kids.) Too much of this being useful at that age relies on parent interaction and unfortunately its not a common occurrence any more.
Wordle: Podcast

But, in classrooms where the technology and parent involvement allows for it the uses of podcast are far reaching. It allows for teachers to provide supplemental lessons accessible at home this is beneficial to ill students or just anytime a student needs a little extra help.

5 comments:

  1. From the instructions: " Read and/or listen to at least three of the following and summarize your reactions as well as what you have learned that you can use in your own podcast. "

    Did you read or watch any of the assignments. I do not think so. All I can tell from this is that you think it will not happen successfully, especially in lower grades because parens will be need to help and you do not think that will happen.

    Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not find it to be something that seems to be a logical activity in an elementary school classroom. I apologize that my opinion differs from yours.
    I did fail to summarize my reactions to the Podcast's I listened to and for that I did not complete the assignment to the extent in which you requested. However, you can not penalize me for finding your form of "teaching" inadequate for an Elementary school setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word opinion and ways it can be used in an elementary setting(which is what I want to teach) is what what was asked for. I can't be punished for having an opinion different than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    Let me start by saying, I do respect your opinion about this. However, I think you should just try to be more open to the idea. It is hard to imagine these things sometimes without seeing it first hand, but that doesn't mean that it isn't good or innovative, or that educators aren't using it effectively now. I think if you really experienced it, you may see the benefits.
    Although I'm sure you probably did watch the videos and read the blogs, I think you could have done more to adequately summarize all of it. Always make sure to include links to the assigned blogs and videos. It is okay to disagree just be thorough in presenting your side of the argument.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan, thanks for the feedback,! :)
    And I do understand the uses in classrooms(I included many of the positive factors in older settings) I just don't see it being useful in younger settings. I have worked a few semesters in an Elementary classroom(k-5 and 1st grade) and its hard enough to get them to pay attention to a video much less use online teachers in place of myself and/or send lessons home that way.

    ReplyDelete